Friday 4 July 2008

Missing in action - Basti

My cat is seriously ill, she has a bad case of anemia. Why is this relevant? Because she means a lot to me. So I give her her medicine in the morning, in the evening, in the middle of the night, take her to the vet everday, work full hours, and am efectually way too tired to even think, let alone post anything.
I will return once the situation has calmed down. I hope my little vampire gets better.



PS: evening
She's not good at all. Got a fever, and there was either something wrong with the machine that does blood-tests, or Basti is living with no red blood cells whatsoever. She was running high fever when at the vet, and was very very sleepy and calm, not at all how she usually behaves there. 
I have to admit, I keep hoping that it was just because it was a very hot day, and that the fact she's eating since we came home and has in this moment ventured out of my room and around the flat a bit is a good sign. 
But the vet seemed to basically think there's a real chance she might not make it through the weekend. Told me to leave her be as much as possible, give her her favorite food (only two days ago I was told to give Basti the Hills anti allergy food and hood good for her digestion, since she's on loads of different strong medicine), and the vet asked if the cat dies, will I want to burry her or will I bring her to them to dispose off.  Didn't really give me much hope, did she? 
*sigh
I cried my eyes out when I got back, took a shower, and went to buy her the 'good stuff', at least in Basti's oppinion. Suddenly, she got her appetite back. hehe. I guess only time will tell. I will hope to the very last.

PPS Sunday
Still here. Currently she's sleeping on the balcony, which is her favourite place. ---------hard to say, how she is doing. I hope the blood tests will work tomorrow, so at least I know where we stand. I don't want to torture her with all the pills and potions if they're not working at all. And if they are, then I'll sure keep administering them with vigor. 

No comments: