Sunday 11 January 2009

Another year older...

Well, the clock has turned over 0:00, so I guess officially it's my

birthday today. Yay me!



How does that lyric go? ... another year older and closer to death?

But let's not get too morbid (Just a bit, as much as it's appropriate for such an occasion. Wouldn't want to be inappropriate, would we?).
Every day we are all closer to dying, but we have also experienced one more day of glorious life (well, most of us, anyway).

So, what shall I write about? How this past year has treated me? What I thought I'd be at 29 when I was a kid? What my plans for this year are? All of the above?

No idea. I'll just go with the flow and
see where I end up, as usual.

A recap, to begin with;

+ 1 regular employment

± same family that I love
+ 1-2 embryos developing into nieces or nephews (as of Christmas)
± same great relationship with my Viking
+ many lessons learned in it
+ new family I really like and (I hope) they like me to
o. I now seem to have 2 brothers named Emil. Beat that! :))) (Nooo, I am not married, and won't be for a while yet. But I am aiming for forever, and hope to see it last)
± same old best friend that I love too


± same cat, still alive (yup, sleeping on a hot water bottle... it's -15°C outside, just so you know!)
- 800 and some € for vet bills
+ some kg (no, I will not make a resolution to diet, that just results in the number after the plus getting higher)
+ 2 coworkers
± same roommates, and we all get along still
+ one Open water diver's license (fuuuuuuuuun)
+ some frequent fliers miles
+ many friend's kids (seems to be a year to bree
d among them... ok, ok, procreate... oh fine, it's been a very fruitful year for couples)
+ some growing up done... not by far grown-up, though :) my inner kid does not give in that fast

It's been an interesting year. Hard to believe it was a whole year ago / only one year (time is tricky like that, one moment it seems so stretch like a red carpet far far away, and the next it ripples and folds and rises to trip you up) since we celebrated my b-day by going for hamburgers in Lima.

And next year it'll be the big 3-0, supposedly a big milestone or something. Hopefully, it'll mark another big change, or an avalanche of them; finishing up my uni (finally, dad can get plastered!), moving up North to my Viking, leaving all of this behind...

Yup, should be a busy year coming up. I feel tired already, best go catch some sleep to start with ;)


Luv ya all. Have a piece of cake!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Another day older and deeper in debt" is the song lyric from 16 Tons (about working in a coal mine).

Lilith said...

Yup, I am actually familiar with the song and the lyrics, but was making a pun on it, more appropriate to the theme of the post.
But thank you very much for commenting, mr. or ms. Anonymous :)

Shia JeZeBel said...

Haaaaaappy birthday my dear!! I tried to send kisses and hugs this way but once again I believe these things are still much better when done in person :-)

Rada te imam, vse naj naj naj naj in vem, da bo tole leto tvoje :-)

mwahh*

Lilith said...

awww thanks, Shia :)
sori za vceri, sam me je napihalo, in sem bla napol bolna, pa sem raj na toplem ostala....

Anonymous said...

You run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death

Puss!

Lilith said...

Hehe cute, hun. Good thing I know it's just the lyrics, not something you want to tell me :p